- University of Nevada, Reno
- Location details
- Reno, NV
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Language teaching
- Employment category
The Department of World Languages and Literatures at the University of Nevada, Reno invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track, regular lecturer position in Spanish. Responsibilities include teaching 12 units per semester (24 units per academic year) consisting of first- and second-year language courses as well as third-year language courses. Another key responsibility is advising students at the undergraduate level. All faculty are expected to engage in service-related and professional development activities in the department, college, university, community, and profession.
- Native or near-native proficiency in English and Spanish
- M.A. in Spanish or equivalent degree
- Demonstrated excellence, or clear evidence of potential for excellence, in teaching first- and second-year university language courses
- Evidence of, or potential for, successful academic advising and recruiting students
- Evidence of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in teaching and/or service
- Evidence of, or potential for, effective interaction with a diverse range of students and colleagues, as well as with teachers and administrators in the school district
- Evidence of professional development
- Ability to teach culture, conversation, as wells as other content courses
- Demonstrated excellence, or clear evidence of potential for excellence, in teaching third-year university language courses
- Demonstrated interest in, or potential for, curricular innovation
- Cover letter outlining your qualifications, experience, and teaching experience for this position
- A brief diversity statement (one page maximum) about how you would contribute toward a mission of creating a culturally inclusive environment in the role for which you are applying
- Current resume/CV that includes contact information for three professional references
- Unofficial transcripts
Skype finalists will be asked to supply:
- complete recent course evaluations that will demonstrate teaching effectiveness in first- and second-year language courses (and third-year if available)
- three professional reference letters
UNR is the State of Nevada's historic land-grant institution; it serves approximately 22,000 students. The university is ranked as a Tier 1 institution by US News and World Report and offers an array of degree programs at all levels. Reno is located at the foothills of the Sierra Nevada, a 30-minute drive from Lake Tahoe. Reno/Tahoe is recognized as a world-class outdoor recreation area. Additional areas of interest in the proximity include: Black Rock Desert, Sacramento, Yosemite National Park, Napa/Sonoma, the Bay Area, and San Francisco. University homepage: www.unr.edu; College of Liberal Arts homepage: www.unr.edu/cla.
Lecturer 0 (II)
The total compensation package includes a negotiable competitive salary, moving expenses (if applicable), a rich retirement plan, health insurance options that include dental and vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, annual and sick leave, along with many other benefits. Additionally, there is a grant-in-aid education benefit for faculty and dependents.
Contact Information for this position:
Casilde A. Isabelli
Please attach the following documents to your application. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, the day you apply, if assistance is needed with attachments:
1) Cover letter outlining your qualifications, experience and teaching experience
2) A brief diversity statement (one page maximum) about how you would contribute toward a mission of creating a culturally inclusive environment in the role for which you are applying
4) Unofficial transcripts
5) Finalists will be asked to supply recent teaching evaluations and three letters of reference.
For full consideration, application materials must be received by December 30, 2019. The search committee will conduct initial Skype interviews during the week of February 7, 2020. Those finalists will be asked to provide evidence of teaching effectiveness (student teacher evaluation) and three letters of reference. On-campus interviews will be carried out for finalists in early March of 2020.
The University of Nevada, Reno is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty. It welcomes applications from all qualified applicants, including women and underrepresented groups, as well as others who would bring additional dimensions of diversity to the university's research and teaching missions.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs: Predoctoral,…
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
The Helen Herzog Zell Visiting Professorship in F…
University of Michigan - English Department
Assistant Professor of Fine Arts
USAFA Department of English and Fine Arts
Associate/Assistant Professor: Cluster Hire in La…
Duke University Trinity College of Arts & Sciences
Open Rank Search: Cluster Hire in Asian American …
Duke University Trinity College of Arts & Sciences